Brighton Letterpress Print
To capture the culture and spirit of Brighton, I created a letterpress print that focusses on the arts and entertainment scene of the seaside city.
The print charts the town’s rapid development as a cultural destination and describes its many attractions and events.
Printed from a set of three large zinc plates, the result shows some of natural flaws and imperfections associated with letterpress.
- Limited edition of 100 prints. 640 x 425mm.
- Body typeface: Sentinel by Hoefler & Co.
- Paper: Zerkall 902 rough, 225 gsm
The various illustration references are:
- B: Brighton Pier signage
- R: Lettering from the iconic Golden Gallopers carousel
- I: A list of the historical names and nicknames for Brighton
- G: Illustrating the city’s vibrant music scene
- H: Representing its Regency style architecture
- T: The Sea front, pier and vespa scooters!
- O: The Royal Pavilion architecture
- N: Colophon, featuring Gill Sans. Eric Gill was born in Brighton.