About Jamie Clarke
I design illustrative lettering and decorative typefaces. I aim to enhance text with imagery and eye-catching typography, ideal for branding, packaging, editorial and advertising.
With a background in web design, I was previously Head of Design at Microsoft, Europe. I went on to form one of the UK’s top digital agencies, where I worked with a range of well-known media and technology clients.
After a decade with my agency, I decided to specialise in type and lettering and wanted to refresh my skills. I studied Type Design at Reading University, and Letterpress at the St. Bride Foundation in London.
I also run the popular blog, Type Worship, exploring the endless styles and trends leading the type and lettering world. I’m part of the team behind the typography magazine, 8 Faces, created by Elliot Jay Stocks, and I’ve written about type for several other publications.
Selected articles and features:
- Craftsmanship that would make William Morris proud, TypographHer
- The Evolution of Chromatic Type, I Love Typography
- Brim Narrow – Making a Chromatic Typeface, I Love Typography
- Rig Shaded –Create your own 3D typeface, Creative Bloq
- Interview with Typeroom
- Last night a typeface saved my life, Lagom Magazine
- Typographers’ Typefaces, Type Worship, 8 Faces Blog
- How to design your own typeface, Creative Bloq